Saturday 9 October 2010

You don't have to be Mad..

Now having made my way through a good chunk of Mad Men I can say that I do like the show (even though it does tell my brain smoking is so cool) and I'm fascinated by Don Draper and Betty. Jon Hamm and January Jones both seem to be deservedly on the fast track to bigger things as both are excellent. Hamm brings and easy charm to Don with enough going on to convince you something is not as it seems below the surface whilst Jones bring a strength to the fragile seeming Betty.

It did take me a long time to recognise Vincent (Angel's Conner) Kartheiser as the vile little Pete Campbell. A man who will sleep with the new girl the day before his honeymoon and appears to be bored and contemptuous of his wife whilst desperately trying to suck up to all those around him. And yet watching this horrid man is compulsive as he strains to be top dog.

And it seems interesting times are ahead with the mystery of Don's background, the looming shadow of Nixon and Kennedy and just how far Peggy can go in a man's world.

If you've not checked it out yet I recommend it.

No comments: