Thursday 13 January 2011

Song line game

Well, it's the old opening lines from songs game. You know the score, name the songs. I suspect some of these might be quite tricky and be warned my musical taste really is quite far ranging

1. "For a long time I was in love/ Not only in love I was obsessed"
2. "Jojo was a man who thought he was a loner / But he knew it wouldn't last."
3. "Good and bad I swear I've had / Tho' both are overrated"
4. "You took my hand, you showed me how / You promised me you'll be around"
5. "Well she lives in a fairytale. / Somewhere too far for us to find"
6. "Lord, give me grace and dancing feet. / And the power to impress"
7. "I dreamed I was missing / You were so scared"
8. "Love, love is a verb / Love is a doing word"
9. "I got to testify / Come up in the spot looking extra fly."
10. "Are we growing up or just doing down? / It's just a matter of time until we're all found out"
11. "There is a house in New Orleans"
12. "Loose lips might sink ships. / But loose gooses take trips"
13. "I'm in the sky tonight. There I can keep by your side."
14 "In my happy home I barely breath. In my lover's arms I find relief"
15."Leaves area falling all around / It's time I was on my way
16."It's hard to rely on my good intentions. When my head's full of things I can't mention"
17."Five hours from now you'll be sleeping. I'll be lying awake wondering;; did we make the right decision?"
18."I rather be liberated. I find myself captivated. Stop doing, what you keep doing"
19."Just gonna stand there and watch me burn. That's alright because I like the way it hurts"
20."Standing in line to see the show tonight and there's a light on."




7 comments:

Tomsk said...

Well I can get more than 0 so it's definitely easier than the competition!

2. Get Back - The Beatles
9. It's by Kanye West
11. House of the Rising Sun - traditional
20. By The Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers

SpaceSquid said...

6. The Prayer - Bloc Party
18. Mulder and Scully - Catatonia

Tomsk got all the others I immediately recognise, though there are a few I shall think about some more.

SpaceSquid said...

3 is the Foo Fighters. Still trying to pin down the song title.

SpaceSquid said...

Gonna go with "Overdrive" for #3.

Gooder said...

Upon checking it's not Overdrive, but you're on the right album.

9 is a Kanye West track and the other's are right (tho' it was KT Tunstall's version of The Prayer!)

SpaceSquid said...

The only other likely contender is "Halo", then; at least as far as I recall. If that's wrong, I promise I'll stop running through the track listing.

Gooder said...

That's the one.