Sunday 24 August 2008

Lego + Star Wars = Awesome


Top of the 'why didn't they have this when I was young list?' it's the genius that is the combination of Lego and Star Wars. One of my favourite childhood toys combined with my favourite IP. OK, yes we had Space Lego and had it's cool little guys in the blacked spaceships who you could pretend were Darth Danish but to actually have a tiny little Darth Vader with a his own saber that lights up when you push his head down, that's something else. That's a whole new level of cool.


And it is true that Christmas before last was brilliant because I spent two whole days assembling the Lego Star Destroyer my sister wrestled away from a disappointed looking child in Toys'r'us. And it is true that my keys are currently guarded by a wee Lego Imperial Bodyguard (and a now faceless Lego Spiderman).

Also surprisingly addictive to play is Lego Star Wars : The Complete Saga for home video consoles. Either that's a great piece of game design or I do actually really enjoy playing games designed for six year olds (frankly I'm not ruling that out at all.)

So to sum up ; Lego + Star Wars = Awesome.

No comments: